Lemony Grilled Lamb Kebabs and Vegetables
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 1/2 pounds lamb top round or boneless leg, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 bell peppers, seeded and cut into 2-inch-wide strips
- 2 medium red onions, each cut into 6 wedges (root ends left intact)
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice, plus lemon wedges for serving
- Soak 16 wooden skewers in water. Heat grill to medium-high.
- Thread the lamb onto the skewers. Brush with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season with the oregano, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the bell peppers and onions with the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the lamb and vegetables, turning frequently and brushing with the lemon juice, until the lamb is medium-rare and the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 726
- Fat 55g
- Sat Fat 18g
- Cholesterol 175mg
- Sodium 611mg
- Protein 47g
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 51mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Make it a meal: Serve the skewers with orzo tossed with olive oil, chopped parsley, and grated Parmesan.