Lemony Almond Macaroons
Makes 24 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 325° F. In a large bowl, combine the coconut, almonds, sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Mix in the egg whites.
- Drop mounds of the mixture (each equal to 2 tablespoons) onto 2 parchment-lined baking sheets, spacing them 1½ inches apart.
- Bake, switching the baking sheets halfway through, until the edges begin to brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool slightly on baking sheets, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Per Serving
- Calories 133Calories From Fat 53%
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 15g
- Sugar 14g
- Fiber 1g
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Calcium 13mg
- Iron 0mg
- Sodium 73mg
- Cholesterol 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .