- 3/4 pound linguine
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 6-ounce cans oil-packed tuna
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water; drain the pasta.
- Wipe out the pasta pot. Add the oil, garlic, and red pepper and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until fragrant, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the pasta, tuna, lemon zest, ¾ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper, and the reserved pasta water and cook over low heat, tossing, until the sauce is slightly thickened and coats the pasta, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the parsley and toss to combine.