- 1 3/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cup confectioners’ sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 14 tablespoons (1 3/4 sticks) unsalted butter, chilled and cut into small pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a food processor, combine 13/4 cups of the flour, the confectioners’ sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon of the salt. Pulse to blend. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture is crumbly.
- Knead the dough in the bowl until it comes together. Press the dough evenly into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, pushing the dough up about 1/2 inch around the sides. Refrigerate for 15 minutes. Bake until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, granulated sugar, lemon zest, and the remaining flour and salt. Add the lemon juice and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the hot crust.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300° F. Bake until the filling is set, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer dish to a wire rack and let cool.
- Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar.
- Cut into 24 2-inch squares.