Serves 6-8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Combine the ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag, a shallow bowl, or a baking dish.
- Add 2 pounds of poultry, meat, seafood, or vegetables and refrigerate, covered, at least 20 minutes and up to overnight. (For fish and scallops, marinate for no more than 15 minutes or they may become mushy.)
- Turn the food occasionally so all surfaces are exposed to the marinade.
- Before cooking, remove the food from the container, shake off the excess liquid, and discard the marinade. (Always toss a marinade once you’ve soaked raw meat in it―the mixture may be contaminated with bacteria).
- Cook on a lightly oiled grill to the desired doneness.
- Per Serving
- Calories 113
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 161mg
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 2g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 14mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Although you can marinate food in almost any kind of container (but avoid reactive metals, like unlined aluminum and cast iron), it's best to use 1-gallon resealable plastic bags. They allow the liquid to surround the food completely, ensuring better absorption.