Glazed Lemon Pound Cake
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, plus 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup plain full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 325° F. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and lemon zest on medium-high until light and fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in 4 tablespoons of the lemon juice, then the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add half the flour mixture, then the yogurt, and then the remaining flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 30 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the confectioners’ sugar and 1 of the remaining tablespoons of lemon juice until smooth, adding the remaining lemon juice as necessary to create a thick, but pourable glaze.
- Per Serving
- Calories 532
- Fat 21g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 151mg
- Sodium 279mg
- Protein 7g
- Carbohydrate 82g
- Sugar 61g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 45mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .