Lemon Pound Cake
Serves 36| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus 1 cup (2 sticks), at room temperature
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Brush six 5 3/4-by-3 1/2-inch disposable loaf pans with the melted butter. Position a rack in lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg into a large bowl; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the room-temperature butter on medium until smooth. Gradually add the sugar and beat until fluffy, about 3 minutes. Lightly whisk the eggs then beat them into the butter-sugar mixture. Add the lemon zest. Add a quarter of the dry-ingredients mixture, followed by a third of the cream, blending until smooth. Repeat until all the dry ingredients and cream have been combined. Blend in the extracts.
- Divide the batter among the pans. Place pans in oven, spacing evenly. Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until the tops are golden and
a toothpick comes out clean. Transfer to a cooling rack. The cakes can be wrapped in plastic and kept frozen for up to 1 month.
This recipe makes 6 small cakes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 152Calories From Fat 44%
- Calcium 27mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Cholesterol 37mg
- Fat 7g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 2mg
- Sat Fat 5g
- Sodium 69mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
These mini cakes make excellent gifts for the holidays, housewarmings, and brunches.