unsalted butter, softened
juice from 1 lemon
zest from 2 lemons
juice and zest from 1 lemon
- Heat oven to 325º F. Coat a 10-cup fluted cake or Bundt pan with cooking spray. Combine the flour, poppy seeds, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in the lemon juice. On slow, beat in 1/3 of the dry ingredients, then 1/3 of the yogurt, mixing until just blended. Repeat, alternating the dry ingredients and yogurt. Blend in the zest. Spoon into the baking pan.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Remove the pan to a wire rack and cool 10 minutes. Invert the pan to remove the cake.
- To make the glaze, melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Blend in the confectioners' sugar, lemon juice, and zest. Spoon the glaze over the cake while the cake is still warm.
- Cool completely. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 days ahead.