Lemon Cream Pie
Serves 10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 9 ounces gingersnaps (about 35)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus more for serving, plus 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a food processor, process the gingersnaps until fine crumbs form. Add the butter, granulated sugar, and ½ teaspoon of the salt and pulse until moistened. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate, using a straight-sided dry measuring cup to help. Place on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until the edges are dry and set, 16 to 18 minutes. (Note: The bottom will still appear moist and soft but will become firmer as it cools; this is a crunchy cookie crust, not a soft, graham cracker-style one.) Let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, condensed milk, lemon zest and juice, and the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt. Pour the mixture into the crust and bake until set in the center, 18 to 20 minutes. Let cool and then refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours.
- Using an electric mixer, whip the cream and confectioners’ sugar on medium until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes. Spread on the pie, sprinkle with the additional zest, and serve immediately.
- Per Serving
- Calories 421
- Fat 22g
- Sat Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 103mg
- Sodium 418mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Sugar 37g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 147mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .