Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) grated Parmesan
- zest of 1 lemon, grated
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Reduce heat, add the wine, and cook, stirring frequently, until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the broth ½ cup at a time, stirring occasionally and waiting until it’s absorbed before adding more. This should take about 30 minutes total. The rice should be tender but still slightly firm. Remove from heat.
- Add the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, Parmesan, and the remaining butter and stir until the butter melts.
- Spoon into individual bowls and sprinkle with the zest and parsley.
- Per Serving
- Calories 718Calories From Fat 24%
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 11g
- Cholesterol 48mg
- Sodium 767mg
- Carbohydrate 98g
- Fiber 23g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 26g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .