2 1/2 to 3
bone-in, skin-on chicken pieces
kosher salt and black pepper
15.5-ounce can cannellini beans, rinsed
lemon, thinly sliced
pitted kalamata olives
- Heat oven to 400° F. Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches if necessary, cook the chicken until golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Reserving the skillet, transfer the chicken to a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, toss the arugula and beans with the pesto and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon to the drippings in the reserved skillet and cook until golden, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Mix in the olives. Top the chicken with the olives and lemon and serve with the salad.