Mashed Potatoes With Olives and Lemon
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about 6; peeled if desired), cut into 2-inch chunks
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup pitted green and black olives, quartered
- Place the potatoes in a large pot and add 2 teaspoons salt and enough cold water to cover. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are very tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Reserving ½ cup of the cooking water, drain the potatoes and return them to the pot.
- Add the olive oil, zest, reserved cooking water, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper to the potatoes and mash to the desired consistency. Fold in the olives.
- Per Serving
- Calories 273
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 496mg
- Protein 4g
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Sugar 0g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The potatoes can be made up to 1 day in advance and refrigerated in an airtight container. To reheat, place in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave, stirring at 30-second intervals, until warm.