- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 3 1/2- to 4-pound chickens, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 cups mixed large green and black olives
- Heat oven to 450º F. In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, broth, and honey. Rub the chicken pieces on all sides with the oil and salt.
- Place the chicken, skin-side down, in a roasting pan just large enough to make a single, snug layer. Pour the seasoned broth over the chicken and tuck the thyme among the pieces. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Turn the chicken skin-side up, add the olives, and cook for 20 minutes longer.