- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup light (low-sodium) soy sauce
- 2 1/2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp or sea scallops
- 1/3 pound (1 1/2 cups) sugar snap peas
- 6 ounces spinach or watercress
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves. Add the basil and cilantro. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil and heat for 30 seconds. Add the seafood and stir-fry until cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Wipe out the pan.
- Reduce heat to medium-high, add the remaining oil, and heat for 30 seconds. Add the peas and 2 tablespoons water. Cover partially and cook, stirring occasionally, until bright green, about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach or watercress and sauce. When it starts to bubble, add the seafood. Stir-fry until warmed through, about 1 minute. Serve immediately over the rice.