Makes 4 1/2 cups| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar (about 3 3/4 cups), sifted
- pinch kosher salt
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and lemon zest on high until light and fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add the sugar, then the salt, and beat until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Per Serving
- Calories 415Calories From Fat 268
- Fat 30g
- Sat Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 80mg
- Sodium 15mg
- Protein 0g
- Carbohydrate 38g
- Sugar 37g
- Fiber 0g
- Iron 0mg
- Calcium 11mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The frosting will keep in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Bring to room temperature and, using an electric mixer, beat on low until light and fluffy before using.