- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red chili, chopped
- 1/2 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves chopped (about 3 cups)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup white rice
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons chopped dill
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, chili, and kale, season with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the rice and 1¾ cups water to the saucepan. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until the rice is tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Fold in the lemon juice and dill.