- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2teaspoon ground cumin
- 2teaspoons lemon zest, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 1/2pounds chicken cutlets
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1cup pitted green olives
- 1/2cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2cup dry white wine (such as Sauvignon Blanc)
- Mix the flour, cumin, lemon zest, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper on a flat plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and dredge in the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken in 2 batches until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil. Add the shallots and cook until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the olives, parsley, lemon juice, and wine and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it in the olives and shallots.
- Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Divide among plates.