- 3/4 pound gemelli or penne
- 4 chicken cutlets (about 3/4 pound total)
- 1/4 lemon, sliced, plus 1 tablespoon lemon zest and 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino (about 1 1/2 ounces)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, slivered
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions; drain and return it to the pot.
- In a large skillet, cover the chicken and 1/4 sliced lemon with salted water. Bring to a simmer and cook until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred, using 2 forks. Discard the lemon.
- Add the chicken, parsley, pecorino, olives, oil, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, and ¾ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper to the pasta and toss to combine.