Makes 18 cookies| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- grated zest from 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon loose chamomile tea
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Heat oven to 325° F. Combine the butter, sugar, and salt in a mixer and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in the lemon zest, loose tea, and flour until smooth. Press into an 8-inch square cake pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or just until the shortbread begins to turn golden. Cut into 9 squares, then cut each square into 2 triangles.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Remove the shortbread cookies from the pan.
- Per ServingServing Size: 1 cookie
- Calories 169
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 6.5g
- Cholesterol 27mg
- Sodium 34mg
- Protein 2g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 0.5g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 6mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .