- 1/2cup canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled, plus more for the pan
- 2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2cups sugar
- 3/4cup buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2pints pistachio ice cream
- 1/4cup chopped roasted pistachios
- Heat oven to 350° F. Brush an 8½-by-4½-inch loaf pan with oil and dust with flour, tapping out the excess. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, buttermilk, eggs, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Add to the dry ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 65 to 75 minutes. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Slice the cake. Serve with the ice cream and sprinkle with the pistachios.