- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- kosher salt and pepper
- 2 medium artichokes
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium Dutch oven, combine the oil, lemon juice, onion, thyme, garlic, ¼ cup water, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Trim the top and bottom of each artichoke. Using scissors, snip the tip off each leaf. Cut the artichokes into quarters and scoop out the fuzzy chokes.
- Toss the artichokes in the oil mixture. Cover, transfer to oven, and cook until tender, about 45 minutes. Divide among individual plates and spoon the cooking liquid over the top.