Lemony Asparagus With Pine Nuts and Parmesan
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pounds asparagus (2 bunches), trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon thinly sliced lemon zest
- 1 ounce Parmesan, shaved
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the asparagus and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Add the pine nuts and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the lemon zest and Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 149
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 249mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 132mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can also grill the asparagus in this recipe. Toss the whole asparagus with the oil, salt, and pepper. Grill over medium heat until tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Cut into 2-inch lengths and top with the lemon zest and Parmesan.