Lebanese Bread Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 stale 7-inch pitas, split open
- 1 cucumber, quartered and thinly sliced
- 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, cored and diced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 bunch roughly chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- store-bought hummus (optional)
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Place the pita rounds on a baking sheet and toast in oven until crisp and light brown, about 10 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- Toss together the cucumber, tomatoes, scallions, fennel, celery, mint, and parsley. Cover and chill.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the vegetables and dressing and fold in the pita pieces. Serve with the hummus (if desired).
- Per Serving
- Calories 264Calories From Fat 128
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 469mg
- Protein 6g
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 130mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .