- 12ounces ziti (about 4 cups)
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2pound lean ground beef
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
- 1bunch spinach, thick stems removed (about 4 cups)
- 1/2cup ricotta
- 1/2cup grated Parmesan (2 ounces)
- 1cup grated mozzarella (4 ounces)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain it and return it to the pot.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to soften, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the beef, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon until it’s no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Toss the pasta with the meat mixture, marinara sauce, spinach, ricotta, and ¼ cup of the Parmesan.
- Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch baking dish or 4 large ramekins. Sprinkle with the mozzarella and the remaining ¼ cup of the Parmesan. Bake until the cheese melts, 12 to 15 minutes.