- 2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¾ cup halved and pitted Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 orange
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1½ cups couscous
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- Chopped, toasted almonds; cilantro leaves; and orange wedges, for serving
- Combine the lamb, dates, coriander, paprika, garlic, orange zest and juice, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, and ¼ cup water in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions. Just before serving, stir the olives into the tagine. Serve the lamb with the couscous, almonds, cilantro, and orange wedges.
* Total Time: 5 hours, 25 minutes to 8 hours, 25 minutes