- 1 1/2pounds lamb shoulder, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2cup dried apricots, halved
- 1/2cup pitted green olives
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1teaspoon paprika
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon ground ginger
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1cup couscous
- chopped pistachios, fresh cilantro leaves, and lemon wedges, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, mix together the lamb, carrots, onion, apricots, olives, garlic, flour, paprika, cumin, cinnamon, ginger, 1 teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and ½ cup water.
- Cover and cook until the lamb and vegetables are tender, on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours.
- Ten minutes before serving, cook the couscous according to the package directions. Serve the lamb over the couscous with the pistachios, cilantro, and lemon wedges.