Lamb Meatballs With Couscous and Feta
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 pound ground lamb or beef
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 small red onion, half finely chopped and half thinly sliced
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 4 ounces Feta, crumbled
- Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine the meat, apricots, coriander, chopped onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Form the meat into 1 ½-inch balls (about 20) and place them on a broilerproof baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Serve the couscous with the meatballs, tomatoes, cucumber, Feta, and sliced onion. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 689
- Fat 44g
- Sat Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 108mg
- Sodium 752mg
- Protein 30g
- Carbohydrate 46g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 195mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .