ground lamb or beef
dried apricots, finely chopped
small red onion, half finely chopped and half thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
fresh lemon juice
plum tomatoes, sliced
English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- Heat broiler. In a medium bowl, combine the meat, apricots, coriander, chopped onion, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Form the meat into 1 ½-inch balls (about 20) and place them on a broilerproof baking sheet. Broil until cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the couscous in a bowl. Add 1 cup hot tap water, cover, and let sit for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Serve the couscous with the meatballs, tomatoes, cucumber, Feta, and sliced onion. Drizzle with the dressing.