Lamb Kebabs With Lima Bean Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless lamb top round steak or shoulder chop, cut into 16 pieces
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 8 wedges (stem end left intact)
- 1 pound frozen baby lima beans
- 1 ounce Feta, crumbled (1⁄4 cup)
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, make the vinaigrette: Whisk together the oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Transfer half the vinaigrette to another medium bowl, add the lamb, and toss to coat.
- Heat broiler. Thread the lamb, lemon, and onion onto the skewers and place on a broilerproof baking sheet. Broil 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Add the beans and 1 tablespoon salt to the boiling water and cook until the beans are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Rinse with cold water, drain well, and add to the bowl with the remaining vinaigrette. Add the Feta, olives, and mint and toss to combine. Serve with the kebabs.
- Per Serving
- Calories 409
- Fat 19g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 54mg
- Sodium 688mg
- Protein 25g
- Carbohydrate 33g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 124mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can assemble the skewers and make the salad 1 day in advance; refrigerate separately.