- 1 cup jasmine rice (or white basmati or long-grain white rice)
- 1 1/2 pounds lamb steaks (top round or shoulder), bones removed and meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta (2 ounces)
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, thread the lamb onto eight 6-inch skewers. Season with the oregano, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Cook the lamb skewers, turning occasionally, to the desired doneness, 8 to 10 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cucumber, Feta, onion, dill, oil, lemon juice, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Serve the kebabs with the rice and relish.