Lamb With Couscous Pilaf and Green Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup pearl couscous (also called Israeli couscous)
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 lamb shoulder steaks (1/2 inch thick; about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 small head romaine lettuce, leaves torn (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions. In a large bowl, combine the couscous, almonds, cranberries, parsley, 1 tablespoon of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with the cumin and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Working in batches, cook to the desired doneness, 3 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lettuce and onion and toss to combine. Serve with the lamb and couscous.
- Per Serving
- Calories 687
- Fat 42g
- Sat Fat 12g
- Cholesterol 122mg
- Sodium 469mg
- Protein 39g
- Carbohydrate 39g
- Sugar 7g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 81mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .