- 1 small spaghetti squash (3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small lamb shoulder chops (about 2 1/2 pounds; 1 inch thick)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- Cut ½ inch from both ends of the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Microwave the squash on a plate, cut-side down, on high until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with the cumin, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Cook the lamb to desired doneness, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Scoop out and discard the squash seeds. With a fork, gently scrape the strands of the flesh into a bowl.
- Toss the squash with the scallions, mint, remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Serve with the lamb.