Lamb Chops With Potato-Carrot Pancakes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the mint, shallot, vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and carrots. Form into 4 pancakes. Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pancakes until browned, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Serve with the lamb and mint sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 458
- Fat 26g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 87mg
- Sodium 645mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 25g
- Fiber 3g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Several lamb cuts work in this recipe. Loin chops look like little T-bone steaks and have a generous amount of meat. Rib chops are prized for their tenderness, though they can be pricey. Budget-friendly shoulder chops are big—just 2 or 3 will feed 4 people.