- 3/4cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2tablespoons rice vinegar
- 5tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 1-inch-thick lamb chops (about 2 pounds total)
- 2 russet potatoes (1 pound), grated and squeezed of excess water
- 2 large carrots (1/4 pound), grated
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a small bowl, combine the mint, shallot, vinegar, 3 tablespoons of the oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In batches, brown the chops, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Roast for 4 to 6 minutes for medium-rare.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes and carrots. Form into 4 pancakes. Heat the remaining oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook pancakes until browned, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Serve with the lamb and mint sauce.