Lamb Chops With Orzo and Cucumber Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small lamb chops (rib or loin; 3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 1 cup orzo (6 ounces)
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the garlic, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and shake well to remove the excess water. In a medium bowl, toss the orzo with the cucumber, scallions, olives, mint, lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the lamb from the marinade and, working in batches, cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the orzo salad.
- Per Serving
- Calories 602
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 7g
- Cholesterol 128mg
- Sodium 745mg
- Protein 47g
- Carbohydrate 37g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 5mg
- Calcium 76mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The Orzo and Cucumber Salad can be prepared and the lamb marinated up to 1 day in advance.