- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon grated lemon zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small lamb chops (rib or loin; 3/4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- 1cup orzo (6 ounces)
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1/4cup chopped fresh mint
- In a shallow baking dish, combine the garlic, lemon zest, 2 tablespoons of the oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Add the lamb chops and turn to coat. Refrigerate, covered, for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orzo according to the package directions. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and shake well to remove the excess water. In a medium bowl, toss the orzo with the cucumber, scallions, olives, mint, lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- When you are ready to eat, remove the lamb from the marinade and, working in batches, cook in a large skillet over medium-high heat until medium-rare, 2 to 4 minutes per side. Serve with the orzo salad.