Lamb Chops With Curried Rice and Cherries
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 small rib or loin lamb chops (each 3⁄4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, adding curry powder to the water before cooking. Gently fold the cherries and basil into the cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the lamb in batches, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Serve the lamb with the rice.
- Per Serving
- Calories 415
- Fat 10g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 87mg
- Sodium 318mg
- Protein 31g
- Carbohydrate 52g
- Sugar 5g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 34mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Turn this meal into a salad the next day: Slice the lamb and serve it, along with the rice, over greens with your favorite vinaigrette.