- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 1teaspoon curry powder
- 1cup cherries, halved and pitted
- 1/2cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1teaspoon olive oil
- 8 small rib or loin lamb chops (each 3⁄4 inch thick; about 2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Cook the rice according to the package directions, adding curry powder to the water before cooking. Gently fold the cherries and basil into the cooked rice.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Cook the lamb in batches, 2 to 4 minutes per side for medium-rare, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Serve the lamb with the rice.