- 8 ounces Israeli or plain couscous
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and pepper
- 8 lamb loin chops (about 1 1/2 inches thick)
- 2 medium red onions, cut into half-moons
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cook the couscous according to the package directions. Then stir in 1 tablespoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Season the lamb with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and cook the lamb until browned, about 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the lamb to a baking sheet and roast to desired doneness, about 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Meanwhile, wipe out skillet and heat the remaining oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 8 minutes. Stir in the oregano, capers, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Divide the lamb and couscous among plates and serve with the onions.