- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small head escarole, leaves torn (about 13 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- 1/4cup dry white wine
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 8 small rib or loin lamb chops (1 inch thick; about 2 3/4 pounds total)
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a Dutch oven or large saucepan over medium heat. Add the escarole, garlic, wine, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, covered, tossing occasionally, until very tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the chickpeas and cook until warmed through, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with the oregano and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. In 2 batches, cook the lamb, 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium-rare. Serve with the escarole.