- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 4 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3/4pound lamb shoulder steaks, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1 15.5-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1/2 bunch Swiss chard, stems discarded and leaves cut into 1-inch strips (about 5 cups)
- 1 1/2teaspoons paprika
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1cup instant polenta
- 2tablespoons unsalted butter
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the carrots, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the lamb and cook, tossing occasionally, until brown, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Add the chickpeas, chard, paprika, garlic, and ½ cup water and cook, tossing frequently, until the chard is just wilted and the lamb is medium-rare, 3 to 4 minutes more. Stir in the vinegar.
- Meanwhile, cook the polenta according to the package directions; stir in the butter. Serve with the lamb.