- 2tablespoons soy sauce
- 1tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1tablespoon cornstarch
- 1tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/3cup unsalted peanuts, skins removed
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1teaspoon peeled, minced fresh ginger
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 3tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 4cups cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, vinegar, and cornstarch with 1/4 cup water. Stir in the hoisin sauce and set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the peanuts and stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned; remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Add the remaining oil to the pan and heat. Add the chicken and crushed red pepper and stir-fry 2 minutes or until the chicken is nicely browned.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and continue stir-frying until the chicken is opaque throughout, about 2 minutes. Stir in the green onions and the hoisin mixture and heat until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the cilantro and serve over the hot rice.