15.5-ounce can black beans, drained
11-ounce can corn kernels, drained
8-count package large flour tortillas
(6 ounces) shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack
small red onion, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro leaves
juice of 1 to 2 limes
extra-virgin olive oil
head romaine lettuce, sliced 1 inch thick
- Heat oven to 400° F. In a medium bowl, combine the beans, corn, and salsa. Place 4 tortillas on a parchment- or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the tortillas with half the cheese. Using a slotted spoon, top with the bean mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese; top with the remaining tortillas.
- Bake the quesadillas until the cheese has melted, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the onion, cilantro, salt, pepper, lime juice, and oil. Add the lettuce and toss.
- Cut each quesadilla into 6 wedges. Serve with the salad.