- 1 cup maraschino cherries, for ice ring and garnish, optional
- 1 (750 ml) bottle (about 3 cups or 24 ounces) dry red wine
- ¼ cup (2 ounces) fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups (40 ounces) cola soda, chilled
- Make the ice ring, if desired: Sprinkle 1 cup maraschino cherries in the bottom of an 8-inch tube or bundt pan. Fill the pan with 3 to 6 cups water, enough to cover the cherries fully. Freeze until solid.
- Combine the red wine and lemon juice in a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. Top with cola and remove the ice ring from the pan and float in the punch, if using. To serve, ladle into ice-filled lowball glasses. Garnish with maraschino cherries.