Kale and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 cups stemmed and chopped kale (about 1 bunch) or torn escarole
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 4 to 6 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Increase heat to 450° F. On a separate rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the cayenne, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ¾ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper in a large bowl (adding more water if necessary, to achieve the consistency of heavy cream).
- Add the kale, onion, raisins, pine nuts, and cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 394
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 431mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 186mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .