Kale and Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Tahini Dressing
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into florets
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/4 cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 10 cups stemmed and chopped kale (about 1 bunch) or torn escarole
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden, 6 to 8 minutes; transfer to a plate.
- Increase heat to 450° F. On the rimmed baking sheet, toss the cauliflower with the cayenne, 2 tablespoons of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Roast, tossing once, until golden and tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, ⅓ cup water, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper (adding more water if necessary, to achieve the consistency of heavy cream). Add the kale, onion, raisins, pine nuts, and cauliflower and toss to combine.
- Per Serving
- Calories 394
- Fat 28g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 431mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 34g
- Sugar 13g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 4mg
- Calcium 186mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Real Simple is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit choosemyplate.gov.