- 2 large bunches kale
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 12 Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 4-ounce jar roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Cut the kale into bite-size pieces, removing any tough stems. Rinse and shake dry.
- Warm the oil and garlic in a large stockpot over medium-high heat. Remove the garlic as soon as it browns (don't let it burn). Add the kale and stir-fry 5 minutes. Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender. Uncover and add the sugar, salt, olives, and peppers. Cook over medium-high heat until the liquid has evaporated.
- Spoon into a serving dish; scatter the garlic over the top. Drizzle with the balsamic vinegar. Serve warm or at room temperature.