Kale, Radicchio, and Orange Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 orange, segmented, with its juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 small head radicchio, torn into bite-size pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup salted roasted cashews, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the orange segments and juice, oil, vinegar, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add the kale and radicchio and toss to combine. Sprinkle with the cashews.
- Per Serving
- Calories 232
- Fat 18g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 456mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 16g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 135mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
This salad gets better with time. Make it up to 1 day in advance and refrigerate, covered. Sprinkle with the cashews just before serving.