Kale and Lentils With Tahini Sauce
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 medium bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves torn into bite-size pieces (about 10 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can lentils, rinsed
- Whisk together the tahini, lemon juice, oil, 2 tablespoons water, ¾ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the kale and ¼ cup water, covered, tossing occasionally, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain the kale and fold in the lentils. Serve with the tahini sauce.
- Per Serving
- Calories 241
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 484mg
- Protein 11g
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Sugar 1g
- Fiber 8g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 238mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .