Jerk Chicken With Rice, Black Beans, and Pineapple
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup spiced rum or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons jerk sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, rum, jerk sauce, and ginger in a measuring cup or small bowl; set aside.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add the vinegar mixture.
- Return the skillet to low heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates.
- Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Serve the rice and pineapple mixtures with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 542Calories From Fat 10%
- Fat 6g
- Sat Fat 1g
- Cholesterol 66mg
- Sodium 357mg
- Carbohydrate 73g
- Fiber 11g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 40g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .