- 1cup long-grain white rice
- 1/4cup cider vinegar
- 1/4cup spiced rum or orange juice
- 2tablespoons jerk sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
- 1tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8ounces fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, rum, jerk sauce, and ginger in a measuring cup or small bowl; set aside.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add the vinegar mixture.
- Return the skillet to low heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates.
- Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Serve the rice and pineapple mixtures with the chicken.