long-grain white rice
spiced rum or orange juice
jerk sauce (such as Pickapeppa Sauce)
grated fresh ginger
6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
kosher salt and pepper
15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch pieces
bunch scallions, sliced
- Cook the rice according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, combine the vinegar, rum, jerk sauce, and ginger in a measuring cup or small bowl; set aside.
- Pound the chicken to an even thickness. Season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until browned, about 4 minutes per side. Remove from heat and add the vinegar mixture.
- Return the skillet to low heat and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 2 minutes. Divide the chicken and sauce among plates.
- Stir the beans into the rice. In a medium bowl, combine the pineapple and scallions. Serve the rice and pineapple mixtures with the chicken.